Before starting, please note that this is a tutorial made for Flash 8 Professional. Some effects, like drop shadow and other blending fx, are not available in previous versions of Flash.
While making this button, you will learn to:
- Make a nice colored gradient effect,
- Create a button label with some modifications,
- Apply a drop shadow effect to the label to give it more depth,
- Create masks so that the button looks more compact,
- Make a rollover state with animation inside it,
- tips and tricks related to Flash design and much, much more.
You can see the final result that you’re going to achieve at the end of this tutorial below. Roll your mouse over the buttons and click on them to see how nice they behave.