In this thoroughly explained, detailed lesson made for Flash 8, I will show you how to create a really cool, complete Flash website navigation and loading system. The menu that you will make has a built-in animated preloader. You will learn:
- How to design a menu with a built-in preloader (a numerical one),
- How to create a preloader animation behind the menu buttons,
- How to create stylish menu buttons,
- How to make ActionScript code that will enable the preloading of external Flash (SWF) content
- How to make a main preloader for the menu system and much more.
This Flash menu/preloader system works seamlessly in the following browsers on a Windows machine: Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 6 and Opera 9. I have yet to test it on a Mac, but I suppose it will work perfectly there too.
Below is an example of the Flash website system that you are going to create. Try clicking the buttons to see what you’ll learn to make!